Mother's Day

My lovely family did actually squeeze in a mother's day dinner on Saturday. We had the house mostly clean upstairs and all packed, so we went to the farmers' market for lunch and sat out in the sun. We forced the kids to jump on the trampoline, knowing that they couldn't jump or yell or run screaming around the apartment in Vienna. Then they took me to Thai food and gave me great skincare gifts for the trip and a box of truffles from Sees for sanity. Will also made me a fantastic vase with flower pens and Maddie wrote the following poem:

Dear Mom,



Roses are red, most smell pretty good,

You're an awesome mom, and you make good food.

No twinkies, no corn dogs, no junk food at all,

Your food tastes delecious and portions arn't small.

You also really love us, and we really love you,

I know that sometimes I can be a big poo.



Love,

Maddie



I love it! I love it as much as my aunt's, when cousin Reed called her "Beautiful as a baby orca whale".

Comments

jenlinmin said…
Ooh, I could go for some See's right now! Really, when would I NOT be in the mood? Have a great summer in Vienna. I'm looking forward to the vicarious living I'll be doing, so make it fabulous, all right? ;)
Lois said…
That was an awesome poem!

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza