The Last First Haircut

Joss has been needing a haircut badly for a few weeks now, but I couldn't bring myself to make the appointment. I finally broke down and did it because I really wanted Gwen to do his hair here, rather than having a freakishly bad european haircut (they cut men's hair from the top down; now what is that about?) or, even worse, having him suffer his first trim at my hands. That would have been awful.

Now some of you may remember that we brought Sebastian to Gwen for his first haircut about four years ago and that it was a complete rout: two parents, five smarties in his mouth at a time, lots of screaming and tears. We were braced for another round of it today, but Gwen decided that Rob should hold Fluff on his lap, and it made all the difference. There were a few moments when he was a little nervous, but all in all, the pictures tell the truth: he had a great time. He played with the hair clips and drooled smartie juice all over himself and didn't mind the scissors or the hair vacuum or even the trimmer around the edges. He looks great, very grown up, and I didn't have him home more than twenty minutes before I'd decided that I am growing his hair out again.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza