Arriving in San Francisco

When you last heard from Rob, he'd just finished packing in Dorfgastein. Then he bundled the kids onto the train to Vienna and they were lucky enough to have some room to stretch out. It was a good thing, because they had a long trip ahead of them with two flights, two trains, and a ride back to the grandparents' with a screaming Joss in the van.
I'd come down with the beginnings of mastitis, but Nedra took great care of me and got me antibiotics which finally brought down my fever. I went to the airport just to see my kiddies come walking through the door. They looked older (and travelworn).

Nedra also arranged to get Maddie not one, but two birthday cakes that they picked up Friday morning. People mostly slept and beat up on each other during the day. Then we had chinese food and cake and presents, followed by more sleeping and beating up on each other.
This was one of Maddie's presents: a crystal scene that grew in just a few hours. It was pretty amazing. We threatened all the kids when we put them to bed that they were NOT TO WAKE ANYONE UP when they woke up. Then Rob dosed them up with Benadryl. They were still up at some ungodly hour, but they didn't wake up anyone else, which we were all thankful for.Which reminds me, a few weeks ago Will had a rash and I told him I'd put some Benadryl on it to keep it from itching. He said "But Mom! Benadryl is what I use to go to sleep!!" Poor kid doesn't even know its actual use. . .

Comments

Anonymous said…
I want one of those crystal sets! That's sooo cool.

Since there's another post (that I haven't read yet) I'll assume you've all more or less recovered.

My kids are doing the beating-each-other-up routine this afternoon and it's getting reeeeally old. I might have to resort to television to opiate them . . .

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza