Snow and Omega

Only two things to report around here. First is that we've had a lot more snow than in recent years. More days of snow cover and more snowstorms in December and so far in January. We even had to cancel the first two hours of church because the power was out in half of our ward, and that never happens.
The kids and Rob have made a snowman or two and gone sledding a few times. And we found out that Rob's truck is a good snow vehicle, which is helpful and makes up for the fact that most of the interior is held together with black electrical tape.
Second is that Rob and I went in for the 21-week ultrasound on Tuesday. The big news is that our baby has a brain and heart and spine and kidneys and stomach and bladder, which things I spent time worrying about at night (when the baby tends to practice pre-dawn water aerobics). And we are having another boy. Maddie shed a few tears and Will told me that he was going to kill me because they wanted a girl. He doesn't seem to understand that the threat doesn't really make me want any more boys . . . Sebastian has always insisted on a brother (but then he insists on more siblings after this one, which makes his credibility nil). Rob and I are scrounging around for male names. In the meantime, this baby is called Omega, because it is the last.

Comments

Jennette said…
Congratulations....on the snow, of course. No, really, on Omega! I didn't even know you were expecting until your Christmas card. I've loved catching up on your family activities via the blog. It's great reading.

I hope all goes well with the bambino. Like Sebi's request, Max has informed us that we should keep having babies until we get another boy. (no, I'm not expecting)
NOBODY said…
Whaaa!?
Congratulations!!
Good luck on the boy name. I've only had to think of two, and it's about done me in. I change my 7 month old's name every other day. Good thing he ignores me.
Zina said…
!!!

Congratulations!

Boy names are hard.

Girl names are only hard because my siblings and friends keep using my favorite names for their daughters.

We haven't taken the kids sledding once, basically because we are bad parents. (We did go out int the snow this evening to bury a dead pet fish. I don't think that counts as a winter sport, though.)
Lois said…
If you don't go with Omega, what about:

Fin
Mary Ann said…
Thank you all for your kind words. Rob and I agreed today while watching Sebi run around in a cape that we can do boys just fine, and they are as cute in capes as girls are in 'carmen dresses' (a little girl at Carmel from Germany that we met just before we got engaged). It mostly proves my point that I shouldn't find out the gender. I would have been fine with a boy if there were a baby at hand, but right now I realize that I'm only in this for the baby clothes, and I've been relegated to the ugly side of the Gap once again (it's not a good season for infant boys there right now).

Jennette -- I love your blog! It made me think that I should be looking at my cookbooks and find a new yoga class to take.

Nobody -- I thought you were a different nobody with red-haired kissables, and you know what? You dropped me from your blogalicious life just before you had your baby! So I'm guessing from the comment that it was a boy, but if you don't establish some contact somewhere, how can I tell you about the dumb stuff I'm doing, like trying to reproduce in my old age? Drop me some passwords to catch up and laugh. My stomach needs the workout.

Zina -- don't feel bad about the sledding. We have emergency room doctors in our ward who tell us horror stories. I'm just wondering whether you were able to dig into the ground to bury the fish, or did you just put it in the snow and tell the kids it was cryogenics?

Lois -- very prescient. Rob and I actually like Finn, but you just gave us another good reason to use it!

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza