Wedding Flowers

On Dec. 8th I made the bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres for a wedding in our ward. I was terribly nervous about it because I hadn't done anything like it for 10 years since the bridesmaids' bouquets in my own wedding. So I called my Aunt Rosemary who gave me lots of good tips, and then got Mindy Clary to come over and show me how to do the corsages and boutonnieres on the 8th. Mindy was invaluable not only for her knowhow (she worked in a floral shop for 4 years) but also as floral psychologist (she just stayed calm and told me how to fix fiascos). Here is one of the bridal bouqets.
And examples of the corsages and boutonnieres. As you can see, it snowed all day Saturday, which I used to my advantage. I opened the windows and kept the basement like a refrigerator to keep everything fresh. It was nasty for driving, but we found out that Rob's truck has 4-wheel drive and works wonderfully in the snow. It was all a good learning experience, but I am SO glad that it's over!

Comments

Shawni said…
Mary Ann, the flowers turned out beautifully! We just got your cute card today and I was so glad to see you have a blog. I love to stay connected through these babies. It sounds like you guys are doing great. I hope you have a very merry Christmas!
--Shawni
Anonymous said…
They're beautiful. I think you've got a second career, if you can figure out how to charge for it.
ashley said…
Beautiful MaryAnn. I think the fir sprigs are perfect for a Christmastime wedding.

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza