50th Anniversary Party

Along with our family reunion, we were having a party to celebrate my parents' fiftieth wedding anniversary. Fifty years! No small feat. Here they are with their grandchildren and the Model A that they towed back to Utah after their reception. My mother drove this car to Springville to do her student teaching. And three of the kids have used it so far at their weddings.
In the middle of dinner, my mother stood and gave her Top Ten Things I Love About Ron and then he reciprocated with this quartet singing "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You".
There was a small dinner that was scrumptious and catered by their friends and neighbors. My only regret is that I didn't sneak some of Joss's food since he had the other entree. 
And then they opened up the party and served dessert to many more. It was so fun to see people and get a chance to talk to a few of them. All of the tables were filled with pictures of mom and dad from different stages of life, both before and during marriage. My mom's wedding dress, bridesmaid's dress and senior ball gown were on display. It was a wonderful finish to our family reunion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza