Christmas Eve

This was the beautiful Christmas Eve table. 
Joss gave it two enthusiastic thumbs up. Good holiday fun!
And the food was excellent too.
Rob made up a special bunte teller for the Lyons of their traditional pfeffernusse and that gingerbread star from Fatapples. Yay, Fatapples! We would have gone there any way, but to find a gingerbread star that we love? Excellent!
We retired to the living room to sing carols and read Luke 2 . . .
. . . and have Aunt Kiecoo read How the Grinch Stole Christmas . . .
. . . and open pajamas . . .
. . . and eat princess cake!
Nedra and Barbara. Barbara introduced us to princess cake in 2008. I think I first had it while I was pregnant with Joss, and perhaps that is why Joss and I are just crazy about the stuff. Joss managed to get people to give him both the slice with Santa on it, and the snowman at different times. Yum! I could devour a piece right now, I could.
Barbara also brought over this astounding gingerbread house from a charity auction. It was breathtaking. So much so that my kids wouldn't even eat it -- they had too much respect for the medium. (How often does that happen?!)
Everyone got fleeced up and ready for bed.
Even J-man. And it was off to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza