More Reunion

We saw personalities.
I think all of us, even Rob, went on the teacups this trip. Grandma thinks it's the prettiest ride in the park. Uncle John coined a new term: "teacupping" -- when the force of the ride causes one to smash into her fellow rider. He claims that he got teacupped on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I'm afraid he's right.
Grizzly River Run. It is a beautiful ride, but inescapably wet. Water spurts up through the drains when you splash down. I think my shoes finally dried out at 10:00pm that night!
When I got off of our raft with three kids, looking like dripping hobos, there was a hot guy getting on in his Gore tex jacket who looked at us disparagingly and got onto our raft.
We turned right back around and got in line again, and who should be getting off the raft, but Gore tex man and his son, sopping wet and walking like saddle-sore cowboys! I was smug, it's true. Charlie, who barely, barely, BARELY made the height requirement (they measured him THREE times!) for Grizzly River Run, loved it so much that he rode it three times in a row.

[click to enlarge] We did actually eat. This was at Rancho del Zocalo and we liked the location and the available tables, though we decided that the food was only mediocre.

[click to enlarge] In a totally uncharacteristic move, Rob bought cotton candy. It was enjoyed by all. I enjoyed the fact that we ate it next to a restroom for quick and easy cleanup.
[click to enlarge] Toy Story Midway Mania was a hit with the whole clan. It was also the ride we waited longest for. I can't believe Emmeline keeps glasses on!
[don't bother clicking on this one. my pictures from the trip were overall disappointing] There were plenty of fast rides too. Maddie and Will became California Screamin' addicts and Sebastian was a convert to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad after his first trip with Aunt Kiecoo. She has the most amazing and unique memory: she put her arm around Sebi and told him step by step what was going to happen next on the ride. After that, he was ready to do it again.
Tower of Terror was entertaining because Kiecoo would shriek every time the elevator car moved.
And there was lots of time for carousels too. I was worried that Grandma and Grandpa hadn't ridden many rides. Grandma said "I like to watch the kids go on rides." and Will said "Grandma doesn't like the rides." but I corrected him: "Grandma likes lots of rides" I told him "but they're mostly in Fantasyland.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Lois said…
I love cotton candy. I even buy cotton candy at the farmer's market.

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza