Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Good Excuse to Watch Bad Movies

I can finally post this! I went completely Mrs. Weasley this year. I guess last fall I'd made half of one of these sweaters before I had to return the book to the library, and this year I found the pieces and finished it for Joss. It was so much fun I wondered who else I could make them for. I decided that my brother and sister-in-law's children would be best because they're not as humungous as mine so the sweaters would go faster. I hadn't realized until doing this project that Jeff and Saydi's kids' initials spell "Che". Very hip, those folks.
While I was knitting, I watched every movie I could get my hands on from the library. Some were great (The Visitor). Some were just fluff (The Wedding Date). One was so bad I had to turn it off (Along Came Polly with Jennifer Anniston. I should have known better. It is a rule of Rob's that you never watch movies starring any of the actors from Friends. Good rule.)
But knitting the sweaters was fun. I can only hope that they fit! Now that they're done, I only look longingly at the TV during nap time. I'll have to come up with another project.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

ashley said...

MaryAnn, you continually awe me with your knitting projects. I just recently finished a sweater that I started (ahem) 5 years ago for Ethan but now finished it for Mia. Good thing it was a gender neutral pattern and color.

MOM said...

They are so cute! Can't wait to see the Boston Shumways in them.

bostonshumways said...

Boy, am I grateful for the bad movies....these sweaters are beautiful....the kids love them, I love them....thank you thank you thank you. I'll post a picture of them in the sweaters on my blog as soon as I find my camera under all the Christmas clutter.

Brenda said...

Love the sweaters! Quilting gives you an excuse to watch movies too. Although, I must say "Madagascar" is pretty good and one of those 'Friends' guys is in it. (sort of)

Zina said...

Those are SO fun and classy! Great job.

I accidentally left my bag of crochet stuff at Dean's sister's house in St. George and I'm feeling kind of lost without it. (Even though I've just been making dishcloths.)