Hallstadt Lake Concert

I had read that there was going to be a concert held 'on Lake Street' on Wednesday night if the weather was good. I had imagined musicians set up along the street. I was totally unprepared for this. But just before 9:00pm, these guys all got into their green wool coats and hats and climbed into a boat at the playground where the kids had been playing and sailed over in front of Lake Street.
They glided back and forth in front of the people gathered on the street and played ten different numbers from traditional to My Fair Lady (which seems to be big here this year -- we also saw that it was playing in Illmitz on the Neusiedlersee). I saw a man on the back rowing, but there had to be a motor too -- I can't imagine that one guy could move two dozen band members and instruments.
A few of the natives came out in their traditional boats, like a cross between a gondola and a punt. They had hung lit lanterns all across them and it was so beautiful, but this is the best picture I could get of them.The band itself was just a community band like we have in a Fourth of July parade, but they get to perform on an UNESCO world heritage site. I thought it was so cool!Posted by Picasa

So here's a little piece of it for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Blue and Gold Cake Contest