Passeig de Gracia

We stopped next door and had a break to reload on carbs. The Casa Amatller is under scaffolding right now, which is a shame, because it's amazing in its own decorative way. Then I sent Rob off to keep exploring the Eixample district, because I knew he'd want to see it, and I could tell after walking just around the corner to see the 'wig' on the Tapies house that the kids did not. I took the kids home and they were wonderful, so we stopped at a candy store. I had always thought that being "like a kid in a candy store" was describing excitement, but my kids seemed to experience paralyzing indecision. They finally chose something and we made it home.
In the meantime Rob made it to another Gaudi building: Casa Mila. It's also known as La Pedrera (the Stone Quarry). It provoked strong sentiment when it was built. Then he visited the market in the Eixample district and made it back just before the two of us had to leave for our next tour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza