The Inauguration

On Tuesday, I was driving kids to school and I asked if anyone knew what day it was. It wasn't a tough question since Rob had put the Obama sign back up in the yard. Will piped up and said "It's immaculation day!" which it may have been, but I don't know what that is (sounds vaguely religious/sexual). I was pleasantly surprised that the kids got to watch at school, and he did get his terms straightened out.
We also got a message from our friend, Heather, hoping that we [poor, TV-less freaks] could find a way to tune in, and wishing us:
"May tomorrow be a perfect day/may you find love and laughter along the way!"
May God keep you in his tender care/ 'til he brings us together again . . .
GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY!!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I was happily surprised that Amelia was able to watch the inauguration at her school as well. She hadn't really heard anything about it at school, so I assumed they were not going to see it, and was a bit disgusted by what I imagined was red state bias. (I know--shame on me for being disgusted in advance.)

I wondered if I should keep her home to watch it, but she ended up going to school. I was relieved to hear she hadn't missed it.

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza