My Holiday Snark

Yesterday, I suggested to my DH (Dear Husband for those of you who don't make acronyms out of every living thing) that he purchase more discount tickets for events on campus. I said "how about some holiday concerts?"
He said "Oh? Do you have a hankering to hear the clip-clopping of coconut shell horse hooves? You want to hear the faux whinny of a trumpet, do you?"
I told him that just because he likes his entertainment edgy doesn't mean that we can't find some way to celebrate the season. "Perhaps they'll put on 'The Night Before Christmas' as beat poetry." I told him. Or it could be an absurdist Christmas Carol. Possibly they'll bring Mark Morris's The Hard Nut to campus. Could be a twelve-tone Messiah. It could happen . . .
But in the meantime, I have no problem celebrating the season of coconut shells.
So I've retaliated by making the blog pink. I think I'll keep it that way until he takes me out, whether or not we hear Sleigh Ride . . .

Comments

Jennette said…
Yes, there's nothing like being passive aggressive until you get to hear some holiday carols from an all-brass instrument group. Bring on the holiday season!
Anonymous said…
Thanks for all the new blogs. Wonderful grandparent fix. And, Please, Rob, take her out. I hate the pink!
J.M. Tewkesbury said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
J.M. Tewkesbury said…
My best memories growing up in Provo and having my dad work at BYU include tickets to Shakespeare and the annual Ballet West/Utah Symphony production of The Nutcracker Suite at the Harris Fine Arts Center. Maybe it wasn't hip and edgy, but it certainly gave us an appreciation for theater and the arts in an area with (then) limited artistic options. Tell the Professor to suck and it up and enjoy the coconuts. The pink is, er, lovely, but so not you!

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Blue and Gold Cake Contest