The Music Party

Last Friday the kids had another violin performance. This one was with seven kids playing violin and piano, and was nice because they got to show off their hard work for their peers. This is Maddie playing a duet with friend and neighbor C called Bunny Hop, Hop, Hop. I still can't get her part out of my head, complete with the painful slide to a G sharp. At the tune up, Maddie's string broke, so she's using her teacher's violin here.
And I didn't get a picture of Will performing, but he had the best two pieces. One had fake rock distortion and if you asked him, he would do a rock concert dance to it while he played. The other one was in five eighths and seven eighths time and his Uncle Jeff would have grooved on that.
Just yesterday, Maddie brought up her violin and played it for her grandparents over the webcam and it sounded great! Sometimes I need to take a break from the practice for a short while so that I can see the progress they're really making.
Today Will had his baptismal interview with the bishop. When asked what his talents were, he didn't hesitate: "I play violin!" he said. Then he added "And I make noises with my body that my brother and sister can't."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Blue and Gold Cake Contest