Spooking Out

Will went as a dementor. This was educational because he found out that he cannot stand makeup on his face. Rob tells me he was the same way, but he didn't bother to mention this until Halloween when the kid is running around screaming "take it off!!!!!" He was certain that it wouldn't come off, and had to be gently introduced to makeup remover. His favorite costume at school this year was the boy who had Barbies stuck all over him: a chick magnet.
Check it out. He is in the stroller, and he is smiling! I knew I would win in the end. Perhaps it's because I disguised it as the Red Baron's plane, but I don't care. I'll push it around with wings and propeller if he won't scream. Joss was great. He napped and lasted for an hour and a half, which is fantastic for a first Halloween. (Yeah, I know the wings are too far back, but Joss knocked them off when I put them down lower.)

Sebi wanted to be a kangaroo this year. Since we had the costume from years past, this freed up energy for his siblings. Rob says he really got it this year: "All I have to do is say 'thank you' and they give me candy. What a deal!" He was pretty freaked out by our neighbors' spook alley, but left with his dignity intact.

Maddie was Moaning Myrtle from the Harry Potter series. And yes, that is a toilet seat around her neck. One made out of foam core, because we have bought too many real toilet seats this year.
"Do you think this makes my face look fat?"

Comments

M-L said…
Cute and very creative costumes... Interesting make-up! What about you and Rob?
Heather said…
I love love love you guys. Moaning Myrtle? Rob, does that name always remind you of Oscar's dog? Was Myrtle before or after Ruff?...
Jennette said…
Fabulous costumes all around! (my fave, is the toilet seat around her neck...classic!)

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza