Of Brothers and Babies

I've long thought that Rob and his brother, when together, look like Bert and Ernie. Not that Rob has a unibrow, or that Rick always wears stripes, and Rob is certainly no pigeon-raising wet blanket, but Rick can have that nefarious Ernie-like laugh. . . It's probably mostly just that their heads are so different. But in this picture, they're definitely brothers, with the blue eyes and big smiles.
Now they each have their own mini-me and we got them all together to take a picture when we finally got over to meet our cousin, Adam. He's darling and squishy and he promises to be a baby for longer than our insanely weedly growing tike.
The brothers with their baby boys. We're wishing right now that we had Mimi around to coo over them. It isn't just because we're selfish attention hogs. It's also because now would be such a great fantasy: as if your kids are all babies at the same time, but you can pass them back to the nannies at feeding/squealing/changing/sleeping times!

Comments

Anonymous said…
!!! I didn't even know of Adam's existence. I'm pretty sure Tracy's seen Rick within the last couple of months -- I guess he forgot to mention that detail.

It's true that Joss whizzed right past the newborn stage. (Suddenly I'm thinking one shouldn't use the word "whiz" when speaking of baby boys if one doesn't intend to lead minds astray from the topic.) I can't really see the Rick/Adam resemblance too strongly yet, but Adam's kind of small and crumpled up still. And I can definitely see it with Rob and Joss.

Isaac was a very long and skinny baby with one tuft of hair at the top of his head that stood straight up, and I had a friend whose baby was short and squat and had lots of soft dark hair all over her head that stood up -- they were definitely the Bert and Ernie babies.
Emma said…
Ahh LOL! I have never thought of Bert and Ernie when thinking of Rick and Rob, but now that is all I can think when I look at them! I can see it now and also in some of those pictures from their younger years!

And really, when did Joss get so big? Little Adam is so cute, congrats to the Mac's for making such cute babies!

Funny that you are wishing for Aunt Sandy to be around. Both Lauren and I said the same exact things when we had our little ones. How she must be loving them all before they come to earth. I am hoping she is teaching them all to be great people!!

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza