Hall of Science

On Monday, Sebastian and Grandma and I had lunch at a mexican place on 4th street. The tacos were very similar to the family favorites at our neighborhood gas-n-sip, but we had a flourless Scharffenberger cake for dessert that was the platonic ideal of chocolate cake. Mom asked me if I should really be eating chocolate for Joss's sake, but I need to keep my priorities strait. What is a little fussiness among friends? Besides, without the chocolate, I couldn't possibly get up in the middle of the night to feed him. Oh, and the blood orange agua fresca is also to die for, I am told.
Joss did some screaming around town, and the rest of us shopped at the toy store there. From thence, I took the two boys to the other end of town to the Lawrence Hall of Science. Having been there in April, Sebi ran right in the door and made himself at home. The new exhibit is on engineering and centered on bridges, boats, airplanes, windmills, and earthquake-proofing towers (useful knowledge around here even for the block-building set). Here Sebastian is experimenting with the elements of a sailboat.
Here's the bridge we built. I'm pretty proud of this, though we did have color instructions. I have actually seen Rob make an arch like this where the keystone was a four by four piece of wood. And it held!
Sebi also revisited the pre-kindergarten area to run around and play in the foam blocks. He dammed up rivers outside (whoo-boy was it foggy and windy!) and played on the whale outside. He looked at denim and a bumblebee under a magnifying glass, microscope, and electron microscope. I thought about letting Joss do his howling in the wind tunnel. But I brought them home and finished watching Cranford with my mom instead. I am predicting a stellar future career for that boy who played Harry in it. How can he possibly have missed all the acting opportunities in the Harry Potter movies? Or did I not recognize him?

Comments

Lois said…
Oh my goodness, didn't you just have a baby? Aren't you supposed to be sitting on the sofa eating bonbons and watching "Oprah"? You make me tired just reading about all of your exploits. I'm glad my kids don't read your blog or they'd be really miffed about all the fun stuff they're missing out on in life. I'm trying to keep them blissfully unaware.

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza