Rob Turns The Big Four-Oh!

My honey turned 40 on Thursday. In honor of the milestone, I came up with 40 Things I Love About Rob. You, dear readers, can see an abridged version:

4. there is no housework he feels is beneath him
7. he is willing to come with me to Spanish Sunday School and even reads scriptures
14. he's willing and supportive of my vegetarian cooking
17. he is a charismatic and creative professor (see above)
19. Rob's a fabulous brainstormer -- Mr. Idea Man
22. whenever he is by water, he will get wet
24. he makes up original bedtime stories for the kids each night about Kyle and Pablo (last night's was about ex-Smokin' Roaches band member who had become a plumber and was guided to Monterey Dunes unit 194 when he heard the band's one hit "Miss Jennie Jones" (which Rob also wrote) being sung out back)
26. he has opinions on things from clothes to the house to crystal goblets
30. he takes care of himself so he can be there for his family
32. he won 4th place statewide identifying trees and shrubs of Utah at FFA in the 8th grade
36. he can throw pottery, make stained glass, and paint watercolor
40. he's my favorite person in the room

Comments

ashley said…
Now I'm wondering what the missing numbered loves about Rob are.... :) Happy Birthday Rob-O!
Emma said…
Numbers 22 & 32 made me laugh!
I can't believe he is 40! I remember when I was little I was convinced he was the tallest person ever. I also thought that when he was 25 it seemed so old & I would never be that old... until now!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROB!
We love ya!
Anonymous said…
Hear! Hear! We concur with it all, even the missing ones, I'm sure. Happy Birthday, Rob. Love, Ron and Nedra
Anonymous said…
Yeah for May birthdays!

Happy Birthday, Rob! You're still looking as good as you did when we were all exiting our 20s and riding into our 30s.

And MaryAnn, I still say you're both the luckiest couple on the planet to have each other. I can't think of a better match anywhere!
Frau Magister said…
As a former student of Rob's, I would have to agree with one of his ratings on rateyourprofessor.com (which is also evidenced by this post's picture):

"He isn't just the best prof at BYU -- he's the best prof that ever lived! We worship Prof. McFarland as unto a god! Legend has it that touching a paper he has graded instantly raises your IQ 10 points!"
Jennette said…
Here's a big (if late) Happy Birthday from us too! You're always one of our favorite people in the room, too. Now if only we could be in the same room with you more often! Cheers. J&A
Lois said…
Happy (very belated) birthday!

Oh, was the fact that he likes to button his shirts wrong on the list? That's what I like about him.

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza