Egg Hunt with Oma

On Saturday, Rob took the boys to an egg hunt at Oma's assisted living center. There were oodles of [well-heeled] children (it's pretty swank) and balloons and eggs and crafts and the Easter bunny himself. In Sebi's words: "I only got five eggs, but Will found thousands." Sebi also informed me that I should hug the Easter bunny sometime because he is soft and "lotsa cozy". Maddie stayed home because she's had a fever and a sore throat, and I ran to the store to buy her some juice and throat drops and Motrin. Sick kids at this age are so civilized! She says "I'm I ready for more medicine? How much? OK, I'll go get it." Wow.
After the kids finished in the front, Oma's group had their own egg hunt in the back. They let the residents go first. Oma was tickled to find four eggs, and then they let the kids out and they found even more. Rob told me that the boys each gave two eggs to a grandma who hadn't found any and she was glad to finally get some.
Here Sebastian shows off his haul. You can see that he definitely had more than five eggs. They had candy and toys inside and a few tattoos. After the great success the tattoos were at Christmas, I put my foot down early and told them they had to find someplace on their trunks or limbs to put them. Sebastian has a duck on his shin, which didn't interfere with his new Easter clothes.
Once home again, we made them do their Saturday chores because we are merciless. Then we let them dye eggs and they had a good time, though with the bazillion different colors you get in a Paas kit these days, the whole thing took about 30 minutes.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Lois said…
My kids loved dying eggs, too. We did it with regular food coloring, permanent markers and wax (Frances got a candle warmer at a free-sale and is crazy over it -- we used the melted wax to make color barriers on the eggs). The kids had a great time.

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Blue and Gold Cake Contest