Violin

This summer the kids also started taking violin from a neighbor around the corner. I had never really thought about putting them on strings, but we have no piano, the neighbor told me she wanted to get back into lessons, and my kids were excited. This is a picture of their first performance at an assisted care center near our home.
It has been a really good experience. Margaret is wonderful with the kids. They've learned a ton. My ability to withstand ugly noises has increased threefold. And after watching many painful soccer games at the park near our house, it is so lovely to see them start something which goes with the grain of their talents instead of against it. They've just finished their Book One in a program called Rainbow Tones.
I love to watch them play. Maddie looks like a violin player. And Will is so expressive about the music. He really emotes into the instrument. And he looks like a wizened old wood gnome when he plays.

Comments

ashley said…
Maddie and Will, I think it is fabulous that you are taking violin! Marah quit piano when we moved and she needs some motivation to get back into practice and lessons! I will show her your picture, maybe that will get her excited about music again. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza