First Day of School

So I know that I'm almost in November, but I still need to celebrate the first day of school. It was a long, hard summer, and I'd looked forward to this day for the whole of it. Maddie entered fourth grade, Will started second, and Sebi goes to a preschool in the neighborhood. It's a good year so far. I feel like Maddie's teacher really understands her strengths and is good at giving feedback. With projects and field trips, it also feels like 'real' school to me (as opposed to the last two years where there has been NOTHING).
Will's teacher is a tough cookie and she assigns a lot of homework. It is hard on Will, but he's risen to the occasion. He's one of the best readers, and he has honed his spelling skills beautifully (he was crushed this week because he missed one word; Rob said "That's great, Will!" but there is no convincing a perfectionist). He still loathes writing, and I need to put him on some math facts circuit training -- I have a feeling he'd do a lot better in math with a little more confidence.
Sebastian loves preschool. He's loves the teacher, his best friend, the toys, the snacks, the whole shabang. And I hear that he has two admirers in the class too. I wasn't expecting to deal with this quite so young. He seems oblivious, but Susannah and Caitlyn talk about him quite a lot and always want to sit by him at school. OK with Sebi so long as he can sit with Tomas.

Comments

Lois said…
Sounds like school is going well! Looks like our kids will all be at the same school next year. That is, if you're not in Prague or something.

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza