Tales from the Trenches

This week I took our van in to get the emissions done. When I got it back I noticed this little sign on the console between the front seats. I thought that perhaps the mechanics had done it because they have a lot of jokes and political cartoons up in the office, and they know Rob from a long time back when he used to deliver auto parts for his dad's store. Then I found out that it was actually my daughter Maddie who had put it up. It says:
Here is Will, who just finished doing his first grade dance at the school's dance festival. He did the hand jive, with the whole thing choreographed with chairs (which I think is a great way to keep your first graders in line -- make them think the chair is a prop and they'll stay where they're put without problems).

Just this weekend he took off his own training wheels and then learned to ride a bike in just half an hour or so. He and Rob were going off to the church parking lot to practice and he turned to his sister and said "You can come on this adventure for the ambiance." I'm not certain if Maddie was there to enjoy the ambiance, or if she was the ambiance.

This morning I asked Sebi what he wanted to be when he grew up. He said "A plant." When I queried him about it, and suggested that usually little boys said 'policeman, fireman, teacher, mailman' and the like, he changed his answer. Then he said "A muffin."

Comments

M-L said…
Where did Maddie find such a funny sticker? One of my favorite about your child with a sense for "ambiance" took place a few weeks ago in our home when I was feeding the kids salmon. When asked if he did indeed like salmon, Will said: "No, but I like French salmon." And he ate it too!
Wheter a plant or a muffin I love Seb! Your kids are great!

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Blue and Gold Cake Contest