Idea of the Day

Today Rob and kids bought a box of Jelly Belly beans for Mother's Day and a box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans for the kids to consume. Will wants to point out that he didn't go on the trip and hence, didn't partake of any flavor beans. But back to our idea, we think that Jelly Belly should include the Bertie Bott's flavors when coming up with their recipes. Here are some of ours:

Load of Laundry:
grass
peanut butter
dirt
grape jelly
soap
Gardening:
earthworm
dirt
grass
cherry
Pizza:
roasted garlic
sardine
Mud Pie:
chocolate pudding
dirt
french vanilla
Pork n' Beans:
baked bean
bacon
The Morning After:
Baby aspirin (this isn't currently a flavor, but we think they should try it)
vomit
cappuccino
orange juice
bacon
I think they'd be winners! Can you think of any recipes? I didn't come up with anything good for jalapeno, booger, or earwax. . .

Comments

M-L said…
How about "Tapas"... I wish that they made Jelly Beans with tapas flavors because tonight I would love some good Tapas but I am too tired to even try. Ask me tomorrow and I may want "Choucroute". Anyway I really don't like Jelly Beans they taste too much like chemicals to me, but I may just be missing the point of Jelly Beans. How come you got your Mother's day present a day early?
Janet Kincaid said…
Fried chicken, potato salad, corn-on-the-cob, jello salad, and pink lemonade.

As for boogers, you could break that up into four categories:

Mucus (that stuff that's usually clear and just runs down your face if you're not fast enough to catch it with a Kleenex first)

Phlegm (that stuff you get when you have a cold or other such bronchial incident)

Boogers (what you have in your nose when you live in a dry, desert climate like Utah; sort of hard and crusty)

Snot (what you have in your nose when you live in a humid, damp climate like the East and South; decidely soft and slimy)

Can you tell I've given this much thought? Obviously too much, huh?
Mary Ann said…
When we went to the Jelly Belly factory many years ago, we stayed after and pumped the guide for information. She said that some of the flavors that had bombed and never made it to the floor were sugar cookie, barbecue sauce and Budweiser, which made the whole factory smell like an old shoe for days afterward.
I think that tapas would be interesting (maybe olives + tortilla de patata + manchego + red wine for example).
And I think I'd stick with your picnic menu Janet -- I'm not so much a connoisseur of mucus as the booger control for small exploring fingers. I wonder what a corn Jelly Belly would taste like?
Janet Kincaid said…
I think I'd stick with my menu, too, and skip the whole mucus reportoire entirely. What I'd like to know is which jello salad recipe would they choose?? I don't think salads with cottage cheese would translate well, but strawberry banana would, as might orange and carrot.

I love touring the Jelly Belly factory! After visiting my grandmother in Cordelia, it's the best thing about being in Fairfield, if you're up that way.

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Blue and Gold Cake Contest