A Persuasive Letter




Madeline's class had to write a persuasive letter to their parents using backup and reasons with an intro and conclusion. Most of the kids were working on a later bedtime or more allowance, but this is what we received:




Fri. Jan. 26, 2007


Dear Mom and Dad,




I wish I could have more reading time. One reason is it keeps me Quiet. Another reason is I can learn new things. Please can I have more reading time?


One reason is it keeps me Quiet. When I silent read, I am very quiet. I don't make a disturbing noises. Now you see how I'm quiet when I read.


Another reson is I can learn new things. I can learn all about bugs. I also learn about different cities. That's how I learn from books.


Therefore, you see, more reading time would be verey keep me Quiet and make me smarter. Please can I have moe reading time?


Love Maddie

Comments

Janet Kincaid said…
Excellent! I say give Maddie more reading time.

Oh, and Maddie, good letter. You wrote clearly and made very reasoned and thoughtful arguments with strong supporting points. A+
Anonymous said…
Great letter, Maddie. I think you should have more reading time (after your homework and chores are done.)
Mary Ann said…
We would love to give her more time to read or play or get bored, but she gets home at 4pm! There is just enough time to nag her about homework, feed her dinner and shuttle her off to bed.
Thankfully, the Provo school system has designated today as a Teacher Quality Day, so after an entire week of being stuck at home with sick kids, I am left with all three kids today. It is reasonable outside, so the kids have jumped on the trampoline.

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza