Bathroom Update: Tiling

Yesterday we screwed up our courage and began tiling the tub surround. This time around has gone much more smoothly with the addition of a mastic-mixing drill bit and a wet saw from our neighbor Steve. He offered it while he and Rob were working on the back fence, so I guess it's true that good fences do make good neighbors, even if that's not what Frost was intending.
The idea of a wet saw sends me screaming, but Rob just plowed ahead and did it perfectly. He assures me it's one of the easiest and safest around. I guess I'd do the same thing if I got to play with one of those cool embroidery sewing macines. I'd make dish towels that said:
"Torch one kitchen and you're marked for life!" - Gerilyn Henderson
"Kettle, this is the pot. You're black." - Gerilyn again
and then maybe a burp cloth that says
"I'd like to trade you for a yellow dog. Then I'd shoot the yellow dog." - Uncle Don
or
"If it weren't for my mood swings, I wouldn't get any exercise at all!" -unknown
And thanks to Ann Taylor for finishing off my remodeling outfit. People see me in it and they run for cover!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE the tile! It certainly has the feeling of your palatial Berlin bathroom. Looking good.
Lois said…
I love those sayings! Definitely got to get you that embroidery machine.
Rebecca said…
We are about to tile the backsplash in our kitchen. Any advice?

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Blue and Gold Cake Contest