Making Ice Cream Sandwiches

C's mom gave our kids these darling ice cream sandwich makers from Williams Sonoma. They make a star, a cow, and a pig. On Saturday, I made the brownies and the blondies, and we used neapolitan ice cream to maximize our choices.

Here S demonstrates the proper smooshing technique. One of the fringe benefits they don't mention is that there are lots of brownie and blondie scraps to snitch from. Our friend E was particularly good at it.

We did find that you had to soften the ice cream a bit to put into the shapes, and then refreeze the sandwiches so that they'd stay.

We made about 30 of them, and they were big sellers. We were out by the next night, and that was only with a lot of threatening. M is already thinking about new combinations involving sorbet and coconut cookies.




Some of our finjished products waiting in the freezer.

Six happy campers munching on ice cream sandwiches.


Comments

Lois said…
Those are too cute! I admire your gift of beauty. I must admit that I struggle with the whole aesthetic thing. I'm just too practical (read "boring") for anything as fun as pig shaped ice-cream sandwiches!

Oh, I've been working like a mad woman cleaning my house. Now I'll have to have your kids over to play GeoTrax and dancing. I'll be giving you a call soon!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza