LOVE Day

Rob brought these to me last night. He designed it himself and I think it looks wonderful (I am a big sucker for tulips). He said that he was walking down the hall in his building with it, and there was a wave of "Ooof! I gotta go get flowers!" behind him. He is extremely organized about Valentine's Day (like getting the flowers the day before, because he says "You've got to enjoy them all day long"). He claims that we're still making up for lost time, but it's a day he believes in. As opposed to our friend Katie, who is a conscientious objector. She doesn't allow candy or flowers or frou, but she's relented on books, so her husband always gets her something good to read.
This was our FHE lesson brainstorm last week. For once, I was organized enough to get the Valentines not only made, but mailed in time. You'll notice not only people and things, but some ideas too, like "Garbage Day" "Springtime" and "Local Foods". We had to generalize with "Democrats" because the kids and the parents don't agree on the presidential candidate yet.
Which reminds me, Rob and I are still mystified at the thought of having three boys. We're just not the obvious choice for boys. We don't have video games, don't play or even watch sports, and we're not handy in the least. We're going to try and outsource the last by lending out the kids as apprentices because they seem to have the interest and aptitude. But sports? Lately, Will has been asking "Why does everyone here vote for BYU football?" His verb choice is telling -- he knows more about international politics than American football teams. So after telling him about "supporting" or "cheering" for a team, I explained that we live right next to BYU and lots of people work there or attended college there. Will told me he wants to vote for the Denver Broncos.
I guess that at least the boys will be really good at Valentine's Day.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Zina said…
Hey, boys that are good at Valentine's Day are in high demand, I would think!

You don't think of yourselves as handy? Wow, that surprises me.

Isaac didn't know to be a BYU fan until he went to public school -- then, for a while, he only liked blue and despised red in any form. I think he's now softened his position on that a bit, though.

We definitely do video games -- I guess we only do geeky guy things.
Emma said…
I love reading your blog, always fun & entertaining!
I'm with Will, we should vote!
Lois said…
Loved the tulips. Rob's the best.

Yeah, we don't know what to do with a boy, either. Sports? What's that?

Glad you had a good Valentine's Day!
Frau Magister said…
Sounds like your boys will grow up to be a girl's dream - no obsessive sports and good on Valentines.

Here's the link to Kelli's blog, btw:

http://worldtravelermd.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Blue and Gold Cake Contest