It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Narnia . . .

. . . always winter and never Christmas, if you know what I mean. It has been snowing or grey since the beginning of December, and doesn't show any signs of stopping. But I will say that snow appeals to my work ethic, because if it is going to be cold and grey, it should at least be productive; like the opposite of storing up food for the winter: storing up your water for the desert summer.

The poor birds are getting a pretty raw deal in our neighborhood since there aren't any trees off our street. Sebi and I decided to make some more pinecone feeders yesterday. Sebastian took it very seriously, especially the part where he had to lick all the peanut butter off of his knife each time. It got entertaining once we got out the birdseed and he kept licking, stopping only to spit out the birdseed.

We hung four on the maple tree and four on a pine tree and they've had customers ever since. At least the birds are ready for the next snowstorm, which I hear is coming in tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

bostonshumways said…
Just don't place those peanut butter feeders anywhere near your house like we did....some squirls found them and ate all the peanut butter along with half of the woodwork around our front door where the butter had dripped down. And we were only trying to do a good deed for the birds......
Zina said…
I am very tired of the snow, yet I share your sentiment that if it's going to be cold and gray, it's nice to have something productive to show for it; I also like that the constant snowfalls keep things looking fresh and white. But spring will be very welcome, when it finally comes in a few years from now.
Lois said…
Yeah, I used to complain about our lack of snow. Did you notice "used to"? That cracks me up about licking the peanut butter knife with the bird seed on it. Too funny. Here's hoping spring comes soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Gumdroppapalooza