Some Days Are Longer Than Others

So last week I had found the drill, the driver bits, the drill battery, the new drawer pulls, the screws, the dresser, and me, all in the same room at the same time. Taking it as a sign, I began installing new pulls so that we wouldn't have to use our fingernails to pry open the boys' drawers anymore (I had taken the old ones off a few weeks back while trying to make up a useful but low-risk job for Will and Ethan Oscarson to perform; this was ok, but the real hit was using the fertilizer spreader).
After installing all six drawer pulls, I realized that I hadn't heard from Sebastian in about ten minutes and it was all quiet in the house. When this happens, it usually means that he's opened my favorite pot of hand cream and is carefully applying it to all of his limbs and his Matchbox cars. So I dashed around the house and found him here:
I guess we're not ready to give up naps altogether! Which has been lovely, because it means that I can paint some doors and replace doorknobs for a few hours on the odd afternoon if I'm willing to let him stay up late with us. Last night he joined us for "World's Fastest Indian" with Anthony Hopkins as a man whose big dream is to get to the Bonneville salt flats outside Wendover (hmmm). He and I agreed that the exciting climax was scary, and then he kept asking "whys dat da end?" which was too philosophical a question for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mohr im Hemd

The Trip Home: A Report Card

Blue and Gold Cake Contest